Signs are a great way to advertise your business. Whether you a start-up business or you're an established business in your community, selecting the right signage can be integral to your success. There are many factors to consider when picking a sign style and design. Will the sign be lighted? How big will it be? Does the sign properly represent your brand? Business owners should ask themselves these questions and more before ordering signage.
The retail industry can be even trickier as some cities and jurisdiction put restrictions on signs, such as their size and where they can be placed.
How to pick the right sign for your business
Here are some helpful tips:
- Pick a type: There are many types of signs. Some are made for indoor use, some for outdoor use and some a combination of both. Knowing how and where you plan to use your sign will help speed along the ordering process.
- Pick a material: Selecting the right material, especially for exterior signs, is crucial. From something as straight forward as adhesive vinyl to something more eye-catching, such as neon. Depending on how the sign will be used and the weather conditions in a particular geographic region will have an impact on what materials are used.
- Pick a design: Hiring a professional designer can help set your business apart from the competition. Signage is important to your brand and should not be left to amateurs. Contact us today for all your design needs.
Know your local signage regulations
Many local government jurisdictions place restrictions on signage. This is important especially if you have multiple storefronts in different cities. There are also Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) violations of which to be aware. The ADA requires all facilities open to the public to be accessible to people with disabilities. This includes proper signage design and installation. Note that there are some tax breaks associated with ADA compliance costs.
If zoning rules in your area restrict the signage your business is allowed to display, you may want to consider apply for a variance. At B&B Image Group, we're familiar with local zoning regulations can help you pick and design a sign that's right for your business while remaining compliant.
Some sign design tips
- Allow for changes: Design your signage to be more adaptable as your business changes or grows.
- Consider stock signs: Not quite sure what direction to take your business or just afraid to commit? No worries, you can always use stock signage while you make up your mind
- Order early: Don't be stuck at your grand opening without a sign. Make sure to order with plenty of time.
For more information or to order a sign today, call B&B Image Group at (612) 788-9461.